Dr. Pradeepa SamarasingheAugust 8, 2023 2023-08-10 5:57
- Dr. (Mrs.) Pradeepa Samarasinghe is an Assistant Professor in Information Technology, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Malabe, Sri Lanka.
- Dr. Samarasinghe joined SLIIT in 2005 as a Lecturer and held numerous positions
- Associate Dean, Faculty of Computing (January 2021 – June 2022),
- Head of Department, Department of Information Technology (April 2015 – May 2019),
- Postgraduate Course Coordinator – MSc in Information Technology
- Coordinator – BSc in Information Technology
- Chairperson of the Curriculum and Academic Quality Committee,
- Chair – IET Accreditation,
- Student Advisor.
- Before joining SLIIT, she worked at Virtusa (Pvt.) Limited as a Software Engineer/Technical Lead for more than seven years.
- Ph.D, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia, 2012
- MBA in Information Technology, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, 2007.
- BSc Eng. (Hons) in Computer Science and Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, 1997
Honors and Awards
- Project Supervision Awards
- NBQSA – National ICT Awards 2020 – Diabetic Retinopathy staging using Artificial Intelligence
- NBQSA – National ICT Awards 2020 – Smart Chick Brooder System
- AI innovator gold award- SLIIT codefest 2019 – Deep Learning Based Screening and Intervention of Dyslexia, Dysgraphia and Dyscalculia
- 4th Commonwealth Health Digital Awards (Finalist) – Deep Learning Based Screening and Intervention of Dyslexia, Dysgraphia and Dyscalculia
- Best Professor in Information Technology Studies, The Sri Lanka Education Leadership Awards, 2019
- Sri Lanka National Research Council Merit Award for the publication “Analysis and performance of CMA blind deconvolution for image restoration”, 2018
- Teaching Excellence Award – SLIIT Awards, 2017
- ICT Student scholarship offered by CSIRO Australia (2009 – 2011).
- Australian National University scholarship (2008 –2011).
- Third prize in poster exhibition of Connecting Research to Business at ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science, Australia, 2009.
- Best Student Paper Award in the track of Intelligent Robots and Man-machine Co-existence in the International Conference on Information and Automation for Sustainability (ICIAFS) 2008.
- Computer Science Award for the best undergraduate project from Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science (1998).
- Deep Learning
- Computer Vision
- Digital Health
- Emotion, gaze and attention recognition
- Human activity recognition and analysis
- Screening and Intervention
- Senior Member – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Member – Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- Associate Member – Institute of Engineers, Sri Lanka (IESL).
- Member – Computer Society of Sri Lanka (CSSL).
- Member – Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD).
- Member – National Science Foundation, Sri Lanka (NSF)
- Samarasinghe, P.D., Kennedy, R.A. On non-blind image restoration in International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication Systems, year 2009, Colombo, pp.1-7, IEEE,
- Chandrasiri, S. and Samarasinghe, P. Morphology based automatic disease analysis through evaluation of red blood cells in International Conference on Modelling and Simulation (ISMS), year 2014, pp.318-323, IEEE,
- Chandrasiri, S. and Samarasinghe, P. Automatic anemia identification through morphological image processing in International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication Systems, year 2014, pp.1-5, IEEE,
- R Kariyawasam, M Nadeeshani, H Tuan, I Subasinghe, P Samarsinghe, P Ratnayake Pubudu: Deep Learning Based Screening And Intervention of Dyslexia, Dysgraphia And Dyscalculia in Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS), year 2019,
- Gayadeeptha, P., Baddewithana, T.P., Pannegama, K.V., Samarakkody, C.S., Samarasinghe, P. and Siriwardana, S EyeDriver: Intelligent Driver Assistance System in Conference on Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS) , year 2020,
- Manchanayake, S.M.A.M., Samarasinghe, D.P., Perera, L.P.J., Bandara, H.M.M.T., Kumaradasa, K.C., Premadasa, N. and Samarasinghe, A.P., Potential Upselling Customer Prediction Through User Behavior Analysis Based on CDR Data. in 14th Conference on Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS) , year 2019,
- Gamaethige, C., Gunathilake, U., Jayasena, D., Manike, H., Samarasinghe, P. and Yatanwala, T SenseA-Autism Early Signs and Pre-Aggressive Detector Through Image Processing in Asia Modelling Symposium (AMS) , year 2017,
- Pradeepa D Samarasinghe ” Analysis and performance of CMA blind deconvolution for image restoration “ International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing , vol.29, Issue 9, 2015, pp.1135-1151,
- B Wingfield, S Miller, P Yogarajah, D Kerr, B Gardiner, S Seneviratne, P Samarasinghe, and S Coleman. ” A Predictive Model for Paediatric AutismDetection in Low and Middle-Income Countries “ Health Informatics Journal, 2020, pp.1460458219887823,
- P. D. Samarasinghe and R. A. Kennedy, ” Regularized Image Restoration “ Image Restoration, 2012, InTech,