Mr. Ranitha WeerarathnaAugust 8, 2023 2023-08-16 8:09
- Ranitha Weerarathna is a graduate with a second class upper division of Bachelor of Business Management (Human Resource) special degree from University of Kelaniya. He joined to SLIIT, Faculty of Business in 2014 and lectures Human Capital Development, Career Readiness and Business Ettiquette,Business Internship & Personal Development Planning. In addition to his teaching responsibilities, he is the undergraduate internship coordinator for SLIIT Business School, SLIIT Business School FB Page Editor & Industry liaison.
- 1/4/2019 – to present : Senior Lecturer, SLIIT Business School, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Sri Lanka.
- 1/4/2017 – 31/3/2019 : Lecturer, Faculty of Business, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Sri Lanka.
- 01/08/2014 to 31/3/2017: Assistant Lecturer, Faculty of Business, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Sri Lanka.
- 7/2013-7/2014-Executive-Academic Affairs/Lecturer- Human Resource Management Institute, Sri Lanka
- Master of Business Administration (University of Sunderland)
- Master in Labour Relations and Human Resources Management (University of Colombo)
- Post Graduate Diploma in HRM & Personnel (Indian Institute of Management and Technology)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management (ICBT)
- Bachelor of Business Management (Human Resource) Special Degree (University of Kelaniya) (Second Class Upper Division)
- Executive Certificate in HR Analytics- (Merit Pass)-Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM)
- Applied Lean Six Sigma Practitioner Certification for Human Resource Management Professionals (ALSSP) -Dr. Mikel J Harry Six Sigma Management Institute Asia & CIPM
- Certificate Programme in Teaching Methods in Higher Education (SLIIT)
Honors and Awards
- “Outstanding Teacher Award” presented in recognition of outstanding contribution made in 2018, at the SLIIT Staff Awards Ceremony 2019.
- “Researcher of the Year Award” presented in recognition of outstanding contribution made in 2017, at the SLIIT Staff Awards Ceremony 2018.
- Human Resource Management
- Green Employee Behaviour
- Conflict Management
- Certified Management and Business Educator (CMBE)
- Associate Member- Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM)
- Associate Member of Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing (SLIM)
- Associate Member of Association of HR Professionals, Sri Lanka
- Associate Member – Institute of Management of Sri Lanka (IMSL)
- Weerarathna, R. S ” “Research Gaps in Organizational Conflicts: Future Research Perspectives” “ International Journal of Human Resource Studies, vol.7, 2017, pp.240-252,
- Weerarathna, R. S., Jayarathna, S. M., & Pintoe, K. A. ” “Employee Green Behavior: A Case in Manufacturing & Service Sector in Sri Lanka” “ International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol.7, Issue 12, 2018, pp.1095-1106,
- Weerarathna, R., & Weerasinghe, I ” “A Study of the Relationship between Organizational Conflicts & Employees Intention to Leave with Special Reference to Staff Assistants in ABC Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka” “ Global Journal of Management and Business Research, vol.17, Issue 4, 2017, pp.43-57,
- Dissanayake, L. D., Kuruppu, C. L., Weerarathna, R. S., & Silva, N. D ” “A Study of the Relationship between the Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment of Academic Staff in Private Higher Education Institutes in Sri Lanka” “ International Journal of Science and Research, vol.5, Issue 12, 2016, pp.1641-1647,
- Weerarathna, R. S. & Pintoe, K. A ” “A Study of Essential Competencies and Skills of HR Managers in Sri Lanka” “ Management and Administrative Sciences , vol.5, Issue 6, 2016, pp.337-352,
- Weerarathna R.S., and Pintoe K.A.C ” “An Exploratory Study on the Experience Requirements of Key HR Jobs in Sri Lanka” “ International Organization of Scientific Research (IOSR) Journal of Business and Management, vol.18, Issue 1, 2016, pp.116-122,
- Weerarathna, R. S., & Jayarathna, S.M.D. Y ” “The Effects of Employee Related Factors on Organizational Restructuring: A Case Study in Apparel Manufacturing Company in Sri Lanka” “ International Journal of Academic Research and Development, vol.1, Issue 9, 2016, pp.34-38,
- Weerarathna, R.S ” “The Relationship between Conflicts and Employee Performanc” “ International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research , vol.5, Issue 5, 2014, pp.1270-1277,
- Weerarathna, R.S and Geeganage , I. A. P. H ” “The Relationship between Organisational Culture and Employee Performance: Case of Sri Lanka” “ International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, vol.5, Issue 8, 2014, pp.985-990,
- Wijesiri N.R.A.S.S, Paranagama G.S,Sirirwardhana M.M.A.S, Thilakarathna D.L.N.C, Weerarathna R.S & Pathirana U.P.G.Y ” “The Impact of HR Practices on Employee Retention; A Case of BPO Sector, Sri Lanka” “ International Journal of Human Resource Studies, vol.9, Issue 1, 2018, pp.1-21, 10.5296/ijhrs.v9i1.xxx,
- Meththananda, K. A. N. N., Apsara, T. G. U., Yapa, Y. M. U. J., Shanthirathne, K. U. N., Rajapaksha, W., & Weerarathna, R. S. ” “The Relationship between Internship Programs and Employability: With Special Reference to BBA Graduates of Non State University of Sri Lanka” “ International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol.8, Issue 12, 2018, pp.955968,
- Weerarathna, R. S., & Hapurugala, S ” “The Effect of Gender on Career Progression: A Conceptual Model” “ International Journal of Business and Management, vol.14, Issue 7, 2019, pp.23-27,
- Weerarathna, R. S. & Perera, S ” “A Conceptual Framework for the Association between Relationship Conflicts and Employees’ Intention to Leave” “ International Business Research, vol.11, Issue 10, 2018, pp.86-93,
- Glapaththi, I., Dissanayake, R., Welgama, T., Somachandara, U., Pathirana, G. Y., & Weerarathna, R. S. ” “A Study on the Relationship between Student Engagement and Their Academic Achievements” “ Asian Social Science, vol.15, Issue 11, 2019, pp.1-16,
- I D. L. Galappaththi, R.Dissanayake, T.W. Welgama, U.A. Somachandara, R.S. Weerarathna and G.Y.Pathirana ” “Identifying the Empirical Gaps in the Relationships between Student Engagement and Their Academic Achievement: Future Research Perspectives” “ South Asian Journal of Social Studies and Economics, vol.5, Issue 4, 2020, pp.1-8,
- T. A. H. Lakmali,R. M. D. A. K. Madawala,D. C. Wickrama Arachchi,R.S.Weerarathna ” “Effects of Glass Ceiling on Women Career Blooming in Sri Lankan Academic Sector” “ South Asian Journal of Social Studies and Economics, vol.5, Issue 4, 2020, pp.1-8,
- Weerarathna, R. S ” A Study on Organizational Conflicts and Employees’ Intention to Leave.” LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, 2018, Edition ISBN- 978-620-2-02329-0,
- Thilakarathna D.L.N.C, Sirirwardhana M.M.A.S and Weerarathna, R.S. ” Impact of HR Practices on Employee Retention; Sri Lankan Perspective.” LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, 2018, Edition ISBN- 978-613-9-98762-7,
- Yatagamage, I. and Weerarathna, R. The Impact of Job Description on Employee Retention of XYZ LPO Ltd in CIPM 3rd Research Symposium, year 2019, BMICH, pp.21-22, 2019,
- Fernando, S., Pathirana, G. and Weerarathna, R The Impact of Industrial Relations on Employee Retention at Grand Royal Hotel in CIPM 3rd Research Symposium, year 2019, BMICH , pp.13-14,