Dr. Dasuni NawinnaAugust 8, 2023 2023-08-10 5:50
- Assistant Professor, Department of ISE, Faculty of Computing – SLIIT (Sept 2020-Present)
- Senior Lecturer (Higher Grade), Department of ISE, Faculty of Computing – SLIIT (2017 – Aug 2020)
- Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Computing – SLIIT (2012 – 2017)
- Visiting Lecturer, School of Computing – Curtin University, Australia (2009)
- Lecturer, Faculty of Computing – SLIIT (2007 – 2012)
- Asst Lecturer, Faculty of Computing – SLIIT (2006- 2007)
- Instructor – SLIIT (2003 – 2007)
- Program Coordinator – BSc Hons IT Sp. in Information Systems Engineering (Jan 2019 to present)
- Student Advisor- Faculty of Computing (from 2018)
- Staff Advisor, ISE Student Community
- Advisor, Schedule Management Team – Faculty of Computing (2018)
- Research Supervisor (undergraduate, postgraduate) (from 2012)
- Student Counsellor – Faculty of Computing, SLIIT (2012 to 2017)
- Chief Editor – SLIIT Quarterly Newsletter (from 2012)
- Center Coordinator – SLIIT Kandy Center (2007 to 2015)
- PhD (IS) – Curtin University, Australia (2017)
- MSc. (IT) – Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (2006)
- BSc. Sp. Hons. (IT) – Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (2004)
- BSc. (IT) – Curtin University, Australia (2003)
Honors and Awards
- NBQSA 2021 – Silver Award (Tertiary Projects) (LandVal-Data-driven Online Decision Support for Hotel Site Selection – Main Supervisor)
- APICTA 2019 – Merit award at the 19th APICTA Awards 2019 (CropMedic+ -Intelligent Plant Diseases Identification, and Dispersion Forecasting System – Co-supervisor)
- NBQSA 2019 – Bronze Award for Tertiary Projects, Technology Category (CropMedic+ -Intelligent Plant Diseases Identification, and Dispersion Forecasting System – Co-supervisor)
- From over 400 submissions, CropMedic+ was shortlisted among the 22 projects in the winning circle for WSA (World Summit Awards) Young Innovators 2019 (a special recognition for young social entrepreneurs under 26 years of age, using ICTs to take action on the UN Sustainable Development Goals).
- Curtin Offshore Partner Research Scholarship – Curtin University 2010.
- SLIIT scholarship for superior academic performance in undergraduate studies 2003.
- Award for 15 Years of Service to SLIIT.
- Award for 10 Years of Service to SLIIT.
- Educational technology and educational psychology (Digital learning environments & Innovative teaching practices).
- Social Network Analysis (Address complex real-world issues using agent-based modeling).
- Software Engineering (Human-centred system requirements engineering).
- Business Process Re-engineering (Improvement of business processes through ICTs).
- Social Capital, Inter-organizational relations, and inter-organizational systems.
- Application of quantitative research methods.
- Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers – MIEEE
- Member of Institution of Engineering and Technology -MIET
- Member of Computer Society of Sri Lanka – MCSSL
- Member of Association of Information Systems – MAIS
- Member of Special Interest Group in ICT for Global Development – SigGlobDev
- Member of Sri Lanka National Institute of Professional Counsellors – SLNIPC
- D. P. Nawinna A Model of Knowledge Management: Delivering Competitive Advantage to S&M Software Industry in Sri Lanka in 6th International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems, year 2011, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. , pp.414 – 419, IEEE 6th International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems-ICIIS. Sri Lanka, IEEE 2011., 16th – 19th August,
- D. P. Nawinna Fostering Business Intelligence in Banks through Knowledge Management: A Case of Sri Lanka in International Conference on Business Management and Information Systems , year 2012, Singapore, 22-24 November, 2012,
- K. w. T. G. T. Priyankara, D. c. Mahawaththa, D. P. Nawinna, J. M. A. Jayasundara, K. D. N. Tharuka, s. K. Rajapaksha Android Based e-Learning Solution for Early Childhood Education in Sri Lanka in IEEE 8th International Conference on Computer Science & Education- ICCSE, year 2013, Colombo, Sri Lanka, pp.715-718, 26-28 April, 2013,
- L A V N Rajakaruna, S A T N Karunarathne, L N Y Abeywardena, R A G K Ranathunga, D. P Nawinna, T. Halloluwa Gamified Learning Environment for Special Needs Education in Sri Lankan Primary Schools in 4th National Conference on Technology and Management -NCTM, year 2013, Malabe, Sri Lanka, Malabe, Sri Lanka, L A V N Rajakaruna, S A T N Karunarathne, L N Y Abeywardena, R A G K Ranathunga, D. P Nawinna, T. Halloluwa,
- Mrs. Dasuni Nawinna Tourist behavior analytical system in National Conference on Technology and Management – NCTM, year 2014, Malabe, Sri Lanka,
- K. Weerasinghe, W. Bandara, T. Dharmasena, M. Kuruppubandara, D. Nawinna Analysis and Improvement of a Construction Permit Approval Process: A Teaching Case for Developing Business Process Development Capabilities, Targeting Developing Nations in 5th Australasian Conference on Information Systems – ACIS, year 2014, Auckland, New Zealand, ACIS, 8th -10th Dec 2014,
- D. P. Nawinna, J. R. Venable The Role of Social Capital and ICT in Corporate Social Responsibility in a Developing Economy: An Empirical Study of the Finance Industry in Sri Lanka in AIS SIGGlobDev Pre-ECIS Workshop, year 2016, Istanbul, Turkey, June 12, 2016,
- D. P. Nawinna, J. R. Venable The Role of Social Capital and ICT in Inter-Firm Collaboration on Syndicated Development Loans: An Empirical Study of the Finance Industry in Sri Lanka in AIS SIGGlobDev Pre-ICIS Workshop, year 2016, Dublin, Ireland, December 10, 2016,
- M. K C. Krishadi, T.M.B. M. Thepulangoda, K.C. Baddegama, G.M. I. D.K Senevirathne, D. P. Nawinna, T. W. A. Karunasena A Smart System for Solid Waste Management in Sri Lanka in The 9th International Conference on Sustainable Built Environment (ICSBE), year 2018, Kandy, Sri Lanka, 13th – 15th Dec 2018,
- H. Edirisinghe, D. Nawinna, S. Thelijjagoda Measuring Software Integration Effort: Identifying Factors Affecting Integration of Software Systems in National Information Technology Conference (NITC) , year 2019, Colombo, Sri Lanka, 8th – 10th Oct 2019,
- R. Miriyagalla, Y. Samarawickrama, D. Ranaweera, L. Liyanage, D. Kasthurirathna, D. Nawinna, J.Wijekoon On the Effectiveness using Machine Learning and Gaussian Plume Model for Plant Disease Dispersion Prediction and Simulation in International Conference on Advancements in Computing (ICAC), year 2020, Colombo, Sri Lanka, SLIIT, Dec 2019,
- A Jayalath, P.V.D. Nadeeshan, T. Amarawansh, H.P. Jayasuriya, D. Nawinna Ayurveda Knowledge Sharing Platform with Sinhala Virtual Assistant in 2019 International Conference on Advancements in Computing (ICAC), year 2019, Colombo, Sri Lanka, SLIIT, Dec 2019,
- R. Rathnayake, E. Ekanayake, K. Kahandawala, W. de Silva, D.P. Nawinna, D. Kasthurirathna Predictive Analytics Platform for Organic Cultivation Management year 2019,
- A.D.A.D.S. Jayalath, T.G.A.G.D. Amarawansha, D.P. Nawinna, P.V.D. Nadeeshan, H.P. Jayasuriya Identification of Medicinal Plants by Visual Characteristics of Leaves and Flowers in 14th IEEE International Conference of Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS), year 2019, Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, pp.125-129, IEEE, Dec 2019,
- S. Hettiarachchi, D. Proboshena, L. Stembo, H. Rajapaksha, R. de Silva, D.P.Nawinna An Integrated Platform of Water Quality Management for National Water Supply and Drainage Board in 14th IEEE International Conference of Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS), year 2020, Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, pp.192-197, IEEE, Dec 2019,
- P.H.K. Tissera, A.N.M.R.S.P. llwana, M.A.l. Perera, K.T. Waduge, D.P. Nawinna, D. Kasthurirathna Predictive Analytics Platform for Airline Industry in 2nd International Conference on Advancements in Computing (ICAC), year 2020, Malabe, IEEE, Dec 2020,
- S. Sandeepani, D.P. Nawinna Impact of Non-Functional Requirements on the Success of Ubiquitous Systems in 2nd International Conference on Advancements in Computing (ICAC), year 2020, Malabe, IEEE, Dec 2020,
- D. P. Nawinna, J. R. Venable ” “Effects of ICT-enabled Social Capital on Inter-Firm Collaboration and Performance: Empirical Evidence from an Emerging Economy” “ Journal of Information Technology for Development, 2018, 10.1080/02681102.2018.1451979