Graduate AttributesMay 30, 2023 2023-08-02 7:38
Attributes Of Graduates Of NORTHERN UNI
At NU, our graduates embody these attributes, equipping them to excel as professionals, leaders, and global citizens. Join us in cultivating a transformative educational experience that empowers individuals to make a positive impact on the world.
In-depth discipline knowledge
- Possess comprehensive knowledge and skills in their respective disciplines.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of their field of study
Broad knowledge and skills
- Showcase a breadth of knowledge and skills beyond their specific discipline
- Apply interdisciplinary approaches to problem-solving and innovation.
Application of knowledge
- Utilise their acquired knowledge to develop innovative solutions for real-world challenges.
- Contribute to the generation of new knowledge through research and inquiry
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and confidently in various formats.
- Tailor their communication for different purposes and contexts.
- Demonstrate active listening skills and provide well-informed arguments.
Information retrieval and analysis
- Exhibit the ability to locate and retrieve relevant information using appropriate techniques.
- Evaluate, integrate, and interpret data to make informed judgements
Critical, creative, and reflective thinking
- Identify, evaluate, and define complex issues in a systematic manner
- Employ creative problem-solving strategies to develop innovative solutions.
- Critically evaluate feedback and utilise it for personal growth.
Ethical and professional conduct
- Demonstrate awareness of ethical and social issues within their field.
- Respect and appreciate social and cultural diversity.
- Uphold positive attitudes, honesty, integrity, and social responsibility.
- Take initiative, show personal responsibility, and be accountable for their actions.
Responsible use of technology
- Identify and employ appropriate technologies for specific tasks.
- Utilise technology in a respectful and responsible manner.
- Harness technology for sustainable development.
Autonomy and collaboration
- Recognise personal strengths and weaknesses and overcome barriers to achieve goals.
- Engage in logical arguments, evaluate peers’ arguments, and collaborate to reach a hared understanding
- Resolve conflicts, build positive relationships, and demonstrate leadership for collective achievements.
- Embrace responsibilities and exhibit commitment to shared goals
- Evaluate issues from a global perspective.
- Apply global standards and practises within their discipline.
- Demonstrate awareness of other cultures and perspectives, acting as ambassadors for their own culture.