Prof. Koliya PulasingheAugust 8, 2023 2023-08-16 10:09
- Koliya Pulasinghe is a Professor in Information Technology, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Malabe, Sri Lanka.
- He joined SLIIT in 2003 as a Senior Lecturer (Higher Grade), and held numerous positions including Head, Department of Information Technology, Postgraduate Course Coordinator, Dean/Academic Affairs, Dean/Postgraduate Studies & Research. He was the first Chairman of the Curriculum and Academic Quality Committee and chaired the Internal Quality Assurance Unit. He served SLIIT as a member of the Board of Directors from 2007 to 2017.
- He edited the IT Subject benchmark document to be used in Quality Assurance and Accreditation Council (QAAC) of the University Grants Commission of Sri Lanka, served as a member of the National Committee on Electronics and IT, National Science Foundation (NSF), and worked as a member of the NSF Working Committee on Technology.
- His research interests are electronic patient information management systems, Hidden Markov Model based prediction algorithms, Computational Linguistics and Fuzzy Neural Network based control systems.
- Feb. 2015 to date – Professor, Department of Information Technology, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Sri lanka.
- Oct. 2003 to Feb. 2015 – Senior Lecturer (Higher Grade), Department of Information Technology, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Sri lanka.
- 1997 to 2000 – Systems Engineer, Computing Services Centre, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.
- BSc Eng. (Hons) in Computer Systems & Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, 1996
- Ph.D. in Robotics and Intelligent Systems, Saga University, Japan, 2003
Honors and Awards
- The Monbukagakusho Scholarship for PhD studies at Saga University, Japan by Japanese Government.
- Research Excellence Award (Senior Staff Category, FoC), SLIIT Staff Awards 2017
- Overall Best Performer Award (Senior Staff Category), SLIIT Staff Awards 2017
- Machine Learning, Health Informatics, and Computer Linguistics
- Member – Computer Society of Sri Lanka.
- Member – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- K. Pulasinghe, K. Watanabe, K. Izumi, and K. Kiguchi ” Modular fuzzy-neuro controller driven by spoken language commands “ IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics–Part B: Cybernetics, vol.34, Issue 01, 2004, pp.293-302,
- A. Chatterjee, K. Pulasinghe, K. Watanabe, and K. Izumi ” A particle swarm optimized fuzzy-neural network for voice-controlled robot systems “ IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, vol.52, Issue 6, 2005, pp.1478 1489,
- J. L. Amararachchi, H. S. C. Perera and K. Pulasinghe ” Towards Knowledge Management for Healthcare: Effects of Latest Medical Information for the Quality of Healthcare in the Developing Countries: A Case Study “ Biomedical Engineering and Medical Imaging, vol.01, Issue 02, 2014,
- J. L. Amararachchi, K. Pulasinghe and H. S. C. Perera, ” Knowledge Management for Effective Clinical Diagnosis in Developing Countries “ Journal of Information Technology Review, Digital Information Research Foundation, vol.04, Issue 02, 2013,
- H. M. Edirisinghe, C. D. Dangalle and K. Pulasinghe ” Predicting the relationship between body size and habitat type of tiger beetles (Coleoptera, Cicindelidae) using Artificial Neural Networks “ Journal on New Biological Reports 3(2): 97 110, 2014,
- N. Kodagoda and K. Pulasinghe ” Comparision Between Features of CbO based Algorithms for Generating Formal Concepts “ International Journal of Conceptual Structures and Smart Applications, vol.04, Issue 01, 2016,
- K. Pulasinghe, K. Watanabe, K. Kiguchi, and K. Izumi A Novel Modular Neuro-Fuzzy Controller Driven by Natural Language Commands in Proc. of the 40th SICE, year 2001, 312C-4,
- K. Pulasinghe, K. Watanabe, K. Kiguchi, and K. Izumi Modular Fuzzy Neural Controller Driven by Voice Commands in Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Control, Automation and Systems (ICCAS2001), pp. 194–197, year 2001,
- K. Pulasinghe, K. Watanabe, K. Kiguchi, and K. Izumi Voice Controlled Modular Fuzzy Neural Controller with Enhanced User Autonomy in Proc. of the 7th Int. Symposium on Artificial Life and Robotics (AROB 7th ’02), pp. 413–416, year 2002,
- K. Pulasinghe, K. Watanabe, K. Kiguchi, and K. Izumi Voice Communication in Performing a Cooperative Task with a Robot in Proc. of 6th International Symposium on Distributed Autonomous Robotic Systems (DARS 02), pp. 123–132, year 2002,
- K. Pulasinghe, K. Watanabe, K. Kiguchi and K. Izumi Interactive Adaptation of Fuzzy Neural Networks in Voice-Controlled Systems in Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Control, Automation and Systems (ICCAS2002), pp. 296–301, year 2002,
- K. Pulasinghe, K. Watanabe, K. Izumi, and K. Kiguchi Acqusition of New Knowledge for Fuzzy Neural Netwroks Through Interaction with Human in Proc. of Joint 1st International Conference on Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems and 3rd International Symposium on Advanced Intelligent Systems (SCIS & ISIS 2002), 22Q2-1, year 2002,
- K. Pulasinghe, K. Watanabe, K. Izumi, and K. Kiguchi Control of Redundant Manipulators by Fuzzy Linguistic Commands in Proc. of the 42nd SICE Annual Conference (SICE2003), pp. 2819–2824 , year 2003,
- K. Watanabe, A. Chatterjee, K. Pulasinghe, J. Sang-Ho, K. Izumi and K. Kiguchi Training of Fuzzy-Neural Network for Voice-Controlled Robot Systems by a Particle Swarm Optimization in Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Control, Automation and Systems (ICCAS 2003), pp. 1115–1120, year 2003,
- K. Pulasinghe, and J. Rajapakse Syntactic Approach to Predict Membrane Spanning Regions of Transmembrane Proteins in Rothlauf F. et al. (Eds.), EvoWorkshops2005, LNCS 3449, pp. 95 104, year Not Published, Springer Verlag Berlin, K. Pulasinghe, and J. Rajapakse,
- L. Samarakoon, S. Kumarawadu, and K. Pulasinghe Automated question answering for customer helpdesk applications in Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS), 2011 6th IEEE International Conference on. IEEE, year 2011,
- Amararachchi.J.L, Perera H.S.C. and Pulasinghe K Achieving Quality Healthcare through Knowledge Management Initiatives in Health Institutions in Rural and Remote Areas in Sri Lanka in First National Conference on Technology & Management( NCTM)-Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, Sri Lanka, vol 1, pp- 13-17, year 2012,
- H. de Silva, K. Pulasinghe, and L. Panditha Possibilities for the use of mobile phones and more-than-voice services to improve the economic status of women-headed households at the BOP in IDRC Research Results, The International Development Research Centre, year Not Published, Canada ,
- J. Amararachchi, C. Perera, K. Pulasinghe Knowledge management framework for achieving quality of healthcare in the developing countries in International Conference on Computer Medical Applications, year 2013, Tunisia,
- S. D. D. Amarathunga, P. P. A. S. Jayasundara, E. G. P. P. Somaweera, P. D. C. Weerasena, K. N. Pulasinghe, and S. A. U. S. Samarathunga Picture Archiving and Communications System for Government Hospitals in Sri Lanka in E-Health Asia 2015 conference, year 2015,
- P. M. Kuruppuarachchi, L. H. Malavige, A. D. P. Prasad, H. M. Withanage, K. Pulasinghe, and N. Weerawarna Low Cost Virtual Reality Laparoscopy Simulator in 5th National Conference on Technology and Management, year 2016, SLIIT, Malabe,
- A. Hapuarachchi, K. Pulasinghe, and U. Samarathunga Inward Patient Care System in 5th National Conference on Technology and Management, year 2016, SLIIT, Malabe,
- N. Kodagoda, S. Andrews, and K. Pulasinghe A Parallel Version of the In-close Algorithm in 6th National Conference on Technology and Management, year 2017, SLIIT, Malabe,