Dr. Janaka WijekoonAugust 8, 2023 2023-08-08 13:01
- To be a Researcher and a Lecturer in a reputed and well established University as a Fully Qualified Academic who faces challenges in the context of creating the avenue for a prospective future whilst providing the maximum contribution to the development of the world in the capacity of a hard working team member, with special attention to adapting to the policies, procedures, and rules and regulations of the Organization.
- Ph.D. in Engineering, – Keio University, Japan
- M.Sc. in Engineering, – Keio University, Japan
- B.Sc. (Spec.) (Hons.) (First Class) in Information Technology – Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (SLIIT), Sri Lanka
Honors and Awards
- Two pending patents (Arts are been examined by the NIPO
- Merit Award for the Project CropMedic+ at APICTA’19 (Technology Category)
- Brons Award for the Project CropMedic+ at NBQSA’19 (Technology Category)
- Gold award for project “iChair” at SLIoT challenge
- 1st Runner-up for the Project “iChair” at SLIIT Codefest’18
- Merit award for Project “iChair” at NBQSA’18
- Journal of Information Processing specially selected paper award for the paper entitled Effectiveness of Service-oriented Router for ISP-CDN Collaboration.
- Awarded the Keio University Ph.D. research grants for the doctoral student for the selected research proposals in the Graduate School of Computer Science.
- Awarded a Research Grant from Keio Leading-edge Laboratory of Science and Technology
- Government of Japan (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship
- Bronze medal for “Advance Remote PC Management Suite” – Annual Research Symposium, SLIIT
- Merit Awarded for “Advance Remote PC Management Suite” by being nominated as one of the eight best research projects of Sri Lanka – National Best Quality Software Awards, Sri Lanka
- Smart Community including Smart transportation, and Smart hospitals, Smart Agriculture, Smart Education.
- Human and Nature sustainability
- Network Function virtualization towards to the collaborative smart community
- DNS for future networks
- Network routing for collaborative network architecture
- Network simulator design and implementations
- MIEEE, MACM, MCSSL, MIEEJ, MIPSJ
- – Janaka Wijekoon, Divya Amunugama, Hiroaki Nishi ” On the effectiveness of using network device state information for network path selection “ Procedia Computer Science, vol.130, 2018, pp.134-141,
- – Janaka L. Wijekoon and Erwin H. Harahap and Rajitha L. Tennekoon and Hiroaki Nishi ” Effectiveness of Service-oriented Router for ISP-CDN Collaboration “ Special Issue of collaboration supports and network services for diverse and inclusive society Journal of Information Processing, vol.25, 2017, pp.45-55,
- – Janaka L. Wijekoon, Erwin H. Harahap, Rajitha L. Tennekoon, Hiroaki Nishi ” How can a Service-oriented Router Merge with CDN? “ IEEJ Transactions on Electronics, Information, and Systems (C), vol.136, Issue 8, 2016, pp.1172-1179,
- – Janaka L. Wijekoon, Erwin H. Harahap, Shinichi Ishida, Rajitha L. Tennekoon, Hiroaki Nishi ” Router-based Content-aware Data Redirection for Future CDN Systems “ International Journal of Computer Network and Information Security(IJCNIS), vol.6, Issue 7, 2015, pp.1-10,
JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS UNDER REVIEW
- Rajitha Tennekoon, Janaka Wijekoon, and Hiroaki Nishi, Member, IEEE ” On the Effectiveness of IP-Routable Entire-Packet Encryption Service over Public Networks “ IEEE Access, Under Review