Mr. Udara SamaratungeAugust 8, 2023 2023-08-10 5:39
- I am a Lecturer, Research Engineer, and Software Engineer. In my academic profile.
- I am a Lecturer-in-charge for final (4th) year IT4020 – Modern Topics in IT subject and Lecturer-in-charge for 3rd year SE3070 – Case Study in Software Engineering and SE3030 – Software Architecture subjects.
- I conduct Lectures for Postgraduate students in MSc (EAD) program regarding SE5060 – Enterprise Software Analysis & Design module.
- Actively participated in University Curricular Revision Development in SE and IT specializations and prepared course materials, lab practicals, and other content.
- Conducted Training Sessions for SLIIT Academic Staff (Augmented/ Virtual Reality)
- Supervised Undergraduate & postgraduate research projects and examined Postgraduate/Undergraduate research projects
- Provided consultation service for Healthcare Information System (HIS) project in SLIIT
- Conducted and coordinated Outbound Mobility Program for Post-graduate students in Deakin University of Australia during (16th January 2016 – 27th January 2016)
- I have 1-year Research Engineer experience in the Infocomm lab, School of
Computer Science and Robotics (formerly Institute of Cybernetics), National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University (TPU), Russia
- Manuscript Reviewer (IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology (IEEE VTC), Physical Communication Journal (Elsevier))
- I have 5 years of industry experience in Virtusa (Pvt) Ltd Company and during that time I was deployed for many projects in UK, USA, and Sri Lanka.
- I worked as a billable critical employer (Software Engineer) of British Telecom project in the UK, Martin Dawes Bill Analyzer project team in the UK, Adobe CQ ECM Practice, New York Life P360 WS2-Billing in the USA and WSO2 ESB connector development team in Sri Lanka.
- MSc Degree in Enterprise Application Development (1st class)
Passed with Distinction (1st class) and won best performance award. Sheffield Hallam University, UK (2012 ~ 2014)
- BSc Special Hons IT in Information Technology
Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (Oct, 05 ~ Feb, 10)
- BSc Degree in Information Technology
Curtin University of Technology, Australia (Oct, 05 ~ Feb, 08)
Honors and Awards
- Graduated in MSc (EAD) with distinction (1st class) and won (Batch Top) best performer award in 2014 cohort 6 batch.
- Software Engineering
- Semantic Web & Ontology Construction
- Human Computer Interaction
- Augmented/Virtual Reality
- Natural Language Processing
- Member in IEEE (MIEEE)
- Member in Computer Society of Sri Lanka (CSSL)
- Adviser in Free Open Source Software Community (FOSS) in SLIIT
- Udara Srimath S. Samaratunge Arachchillage ” “Smart Virtual Expert System To Assist Psychiatrist (SVESTAP)” “ International Journal of Information Technology and Computer Science (IJITCS), vol.10, Issue 1, 2018, pp.59-67, ijitcs.2018.01.07, 10.5815,
- Udara Srimath S. Samaratunge Arachchillage Recent Advances and Future Research Challenges in Non-Orthogonal Multiple Access for 5G Networks in 2018 IEEE 87th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Spring), year 2018, Porto, Portugal, pp.1 – 6, IEEE, 3-6 June 2018, 2018
- S. A. U. S. Samaratunge Intelligent Document Writer (iDocWriter) in International Conference on Computational Techniques in Information and Communication Technologies (ICCTICT), year 2018, New Delhi, India, pp.49-52, IEEE, 11-13 March 2016,
- S.A.U.S. Samaratunge Semantic Knowledge Transfer Agent in 5th SLIIT Research Symposium (PSRS),, year 2009, SLIIT, pp.21-24, SLIIT, December 2009,
- U. Samaratunge Smart Intelligent Expert System to Troubleshoot ORA-ERRORS in 2nd Asia Pacific Conference on Contemporary Research (APCCR), year 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, pp.187-202, APCCR, U. Samaratunge,
- S.A.U.S. Samaratunge Iguide Intelligent Tour Guiding System in 2nd Asia Pacific Conference on Contemporary Research (APCCR), year 2018, SLIIT, pp.208-218, APCCR, October 2016,
- U. Samaratunge Human Emotional and Rational Mind Analytical Tool For Wise Mind Establishment Process in 22nd Annual Conference of IET Sri Lanka Network 2015, year 2018, Sri Lanka, pp.38-45, 05-06/9/2015,
- U. Samaratunge Inward Patient Care System in National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM), year 2016, pp.33-37, April 2016,
- S.A.U.S. Samaratunge ” Picture Archiving and Communications System (PACS) for Government Hospitals in Sri Lanka Presentation, at Colombo, Sri Lanka, 2015