Ms. Navodika KarunarathnaAugust 8, 2023 2023-08-16 8:17
- Navodika Karunarathna is a Lecturer attached to the Information Management Department of SLIIT Business School, Malabe, Sri Lanka.
- 01/09/2021 – Present – Lecturer/Department of Information Management
- 01/09/2020 – 31/08/2021 – Assistant Lecturer/Department of Information Management
- 01/04/2019-31/08/2020 – Instructor/Department of Information Management
- 09/2017-04/2018 – Team Member – ERP Implementation Project, Dilmah Ceylon Tea Company PLC
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) in Business Economics (Reading) – April 2021 to 2023 – Department of Business Economics, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka.
- Certificate course in Research Methodology & Scientific Writing -2021 – Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka.
- Certificate in Teaching Methodology in Higher Education (SLIIT) – February,2021
- Lean Green Belt Certification (LGBC) – October, 2019 (Lean Academy Sri Lanka (LASL))
- B.Sc. (Hons) in Management and Information Technology – January, 2019- (1st Class, Specialization in Operations & Supply Chain Management) Department of Industrial Management, Faculty of Science, University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka
- Professional Qualification in Human Resource Management – October, 2019 (Merit Pass) -Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM), Sri Lanka
- Lean White Belt Certification (LWBC) – 2018 (Lean Academy Sri Lanka (LASL))
- Certificate Course in Human Resource Management – 2016 – Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM), Sri Lanka
- Diploma in Computer Science – 2014 – Infortec International Institute of Information Technology, Nugegoda,Sri Lanka
Honors and Awards
- Winning the Best Paper Award for a research study titled as “The role of Green Supply Chain Practices on environmental sustainability” in International Conference on Sustainable and Digital Business (ICSDB)
- Winning the Best Paper Award for a research study titled as “Impact of Terminal Handling Charges on the performance of Non-Vessel Operating Common Carriers with special reference to the 2013 Government Regulation” in International Conference on Sustainable and Digital Business (ICSDB)
- Winning the FIIB Business Review Best Paper Awards for the two best papers presented at ICSDB.
- 1st Place in Best Kaizen Suggestion Competition of CIPM Quality Week -October, 2019 organized by the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM)
- 1st Runner-up in Marketing Category for “Watering Mate” (Product Design) – InCo 16′, Invention Convention for Engineering Smart Systems for Industry 4.0 organized by Department of Industrial Management, Faculty of Science, University of Kelaniya.
- A winner in the CINEC Logistics Day Article Competition 2019 – 10th Logistics Day Organized by the Department of Logistics and Transport, Faculty of Management Humanities and Social Sciences, CINEC Campus.
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Inventory and Warehouse Management
- Quality Management (Lean Management/ Six Sigma)
- Human Resource Management
- Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) – Associate Membership No: 51485 – 08/2020 to Present
- Chartered Institute of Human Resource Management (CIPM) – Affiliate Membership No:1504 – 09/2020 to Present
- Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) – Student Membership No: S1325 – 2018 to 09/2020
- Karunarathna, K. N. P.*, Wickramarachchi, A. P. R., Tharaka, V. K. A Study of the Implications of Logistics 4.0 in Future Warehousing: A Sri Lankan Perspective in International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management, year 2019, Bangkok,Thailand, pp.12, Industrial Engineering & Operations Management ( IEOM ) Society,
- Karunarathna, K. N. P.*, Wickramarachchi, A. P. R., Tharaka, V. K. A Maturity Model to Evaluate the Readiness of 3PL Service Providers in Implementing Warehousing 4.0 in POMS 2018 International Conference, year 2019, Amaya Hills Hotel,Kandy, Sri Lanka, pp.1, Production and Operations Management Society (POMS), 14th – 16th of December 2018,
- Karunarathna, K. N. P.; Rasanjani, P. M. D.; Weerasekara, M. M.; Rupasinghe, T. D. The strategic relationship building through value procurement: A systematic review of literature from the apparel industry. in International Research Symposium on Pure and Applied Sciences – 2017, year 2019, University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka, pp.1, Faculty of Science, University of Kelaniya , 20th October, 2017,
- Kavindi B.G.H, Priyasath G.D, Perera L.S.A, Anuradha R.P.S, Weligodapola H. W. M.C, Karunarathna K.N.P The Effect of the Covid 19 on Overall Firm Performance in Sri Lankan Apparel Companies in 23rd Kuala Lumpur International Business, Economics and Law Conference 2021 , year 2021, Virtual, pp.8, Kavindi B.G.H, Priyasath G.D, Perera L.S.A, Anuradha R.P.S, Weligodapola H. W. M.C, Karunarathna K.N.P, 4/7/2021
- Gihini Weerasinghe, Banusha KanaheraArachchi, Madushan Jayaweera, Ishini Aryaratne, Udanee Samarasinghe, Navodika Karunaratna Effectiveness of Implementing E-Government Procurement in Sri Lanka year 2022, Istanbul, Turkey, International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management,,
- Chamanthi D, Thalpawilaa C, Lakshani R, Uththaman G, Nagendrakumar N, Karunarathna N Impact of Green Supply Chain Practices on Organizational Performance of the Hotel Industry in Sri Lanka, in International Conference on Smart Computing and Systems Engineering (SCSE 2023), year 2023, 29th of June 2023,
- Navodika Karunarathna, Dinesha Siriwardhane, Amila Jayarathne Extraordinary Strains in Food Supply Chains: A Literature Review on COVID-19 Induced Food Supply Chain Disruptions and Resilience in First Australian International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management,, year 2023, Sydney, Australia, pp.13, December 20-21, 2022,
- Navodika Karunarathna, H.M Udanee Sachithra Samarasinghe ” “Impact of Lean Implementation on Employees Job Satisfaction in the ABC Apparel Manufacturing Firm” “ International Business Research(h-index 54, vol.12, Issue 11, 2019, pp.9, 2019/10/25, https://doi.org/10.5539/ibr.v12n11p48,
- Navodika Karunarathna, Kasuni Vidanagamachchi, Ruwan Wickramarachchi ” “A Calibrated Model of Critical Success Factors for Industry 4.0 Warehousing Performance Improvement: Insights from Multiple Case Studies “ “ :International Journal of Multidisciplinary Sciences and Advanced Technology, vol.1, Issue 2, 2020, pp.23, Crown Academic Publishing (CAP),
- Navodika Karunarathna ” “Identifying the ways of delivery performance enhancements in Sri Lankan E commerce Logistics sector with special reference to the Cash On Delivery (COD) method: An Integrative Review” “ :International Journal of Multidisciplinary Sciences and Advanced Technology, vol.1, Issue 4, 2020, pp.12, Crown Academic Publishing (CAP),
- Navodika Karunarathna ” “Critical factors influencing online consumer preference towards cash on delivery method in Sri Lanka” “ Journal of Research in Emerging Markets, vol.3, Issue 1, 2021, pp.15, Dubai Business School at University of Dubai, 4/2/2021, https://doi.org/10.30585/jrems.v3i1.566,
- Kuruppu, C.L., Kavirathne, C.S. & Karunarathna, N ” “The Impact of Training on Employee Performance in a Selected Apparel Sector Organization in Sri Lanka” “ Global Journal of Management and Business Research, vol.21, Issue 02, 2021, pp.1-9, Google Scholar, http://www.ijsrp.org/research-paper-1221.php?rp=P12011826,
- Samarasinghe G.D.R.S, Bombuwala B.D.D.M, Jayarathne E.H.R.S, Jayaruwan E.G.A.P.B, Kuruppu C.L,Karunarathna K.N.P ” “Exploring the Impact of Destination Health Risk Image on Post Covid-19 Travel Behavior” “ International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, vol.11, Issue 12, 2021, pp.60-66, 10.29322/IJSRP.11.12.2021.p12012,
- Ruwan Jayathilaka, Chanuka Jayawardhana, Nilupul Embogama,Shalini Jayasooriya, Navodika Karunarathna,Thisara Gamage,Nethmali Kuruppu ” “Gross domestic product and logistics performance index drive the world trade: A study based on all continents” “ PLOS ONE, vol.17, Issue 3, 2022, pp.16, https://www.researchgate.net/deref/https%3A%2F%2Fdoi.org%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0264474,
- Jayathilaka R, Jayawardhana C, Embogama N, Jayasooriya S, Karunarathna N, Gamage T ” Gross domestic product and logistics performance index drive the world trade: A study based on all continents “ PLoS ONE , vol.17, Issue 3, 2022, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0264474_,
- Kannu K, Newton R, Kuruppu C, Karunarathna N ” The Role of Procurement Practices in Hotel Performance Enhancement “ SunText Review of Economics & Business , vol.3, Issue 2, 2022, https://doi.org/10.51737/2766-4775.2022.062,
- Navodika Karunarathna, Dinesha Siriwardhane, Amila Jayarathne ” “Exploring the measurements of COVID-19-induced supply chain disruptions and their implications on the economic vulnerability of small-scale farmers” “ International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Operations Management, 2023, pp.22, Emerald Insight, https://doi.org/10.1108/IJIEOM-03-2023-0028,