Ms. Nilmini RathnayakeAugust 4, 2023 2023-08-16 7:54
- Lecturer – Department of Business Management, SLIIT Business School (September 2021 to Present)
- Assistant Lecturer – Department of Business Management, SLIIT Business School (September 2020 to August 2021)
- Academic Instructor – Department of Business Management, SLIIT Business School (April 2019 to August 2020)
- Trainee Insurance Assistant – Sri Lanka Insurance Corporation Limited, General Insurance Claim Department- Head Office (October 2018 to February 2019)
- Management Trainee – National Water Supply & Drainage Board (March 2018 to September 2018)
- Audit Trainee – H.M.Karunarathna & Company Chartered Accountants. (February 2014 to February 2015)
- Banking Trainee – National Savings Bank, Nugegoda ( September 2013 – January 2014)
- Master of Philosophy(MPhil) in Business Economics – October 2022
Department of Business Economics, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka.
- B.Sc. Public Management (Special) degree (With a First Class and a Gold Medal) – October 2019.
Department of Public Administration, Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka.
- Certificate in Teaching Methodology in Higher Education – Internal Quality Assurance Unit of SLIIT. 2021.
- Certificate in Sage Business Cloud Accounting Software – P W Holdings, Sri Lanka. 2021
- Certificate Course in “Academic Writing” – 2017 – Business Communication Unit of the Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka.
- Completed up to the Business Level of Chartered Accountancy – 2016 – The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka.
- Certificate Course in “Information Technology for the Business Environment” – 2015 – The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka.
- Qualified in AAT – January 2014 – The Association of Accounting Technicians of Sri Lanka.
Honors and Awards
- Gold Medalist – “Deshamanya Professor Linus De Sliva Memorial Gold Medal” of the year 2019, Department of Public Administration, Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
- MIND Scholar Award – To increase awareness among young scholars on the issues of Sustainable Development, MIND grants annual scholarships to undergraduates in Sri Lankan universities in the year 2017. – 17th batch of scholars – Sept’17-Aug’18. http://mindlanka.org/past.cfm?page=a
- Best Paper Award for paper titled “The impact of organizational culture on use of business analytics in Sri Lankan companies” in the conference track of Business, Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the International Conference on Management and Entrepreneurship – 2022 (ICOME-2022) organized by Open university Sri Lanka. 31st of March 2022.
- Best Paper Award for paper titled “Impact of the characteristics of social media influencer marketers on consumer engagement: a study on cosmetic consumers in Sri Lanka” in the conference track of Management, Commerce and Industry Development at the 9th International Conference on Multidisciplinary Approaches organized by Faculty of Graduate Studies (FGS) of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka. 16th of December 2022.
- Sustainable Development
- Development Economics
- Higher Education
- Contemporary Issues
- AAT Sri Lanka
- W.D.N Madhavika & R. M. N. M. Rathnayake ” “Impact of Internet Usage on Undergraduate Academic Performances (Special Reference to You Tube Online Video Platform Usage) “ “ Global Journal of Management and Business Research: G Interdisciplinary, vol.Volume 20, Issue Issue 1 , 2020, pp.17-24, https://globaljournals.org/journals/management/latest-ejournals-in-gjmbr, 13/02/2020,
- J. G. K. C Jayawickrama, S. Selvam, T. M Dunumala, Y. A. M. S Samaratunga, H. W. M. C Weligodapola, R. M. N. M. Rathnayake ” “Fast Food Consumption Behavior among Young Parents: A Qualitative Study with Special Reference to Selected Franchised Fast Food Restaurants Within the Colombo City in Sri Lanka.” “ International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol.10,, Issue 4, 2020, pp. 649 – 661, Academic Journals Database, 10.6007/IJARBSS/v10-i4/7202,
- Separamadu H. N.Lakchan V. A. S. M, Jayasinghe M. A. N. D, Dharmagunawardhana P.V. M. S. D., Samarasinghe H.M.U.S.R, Rathnayake, Rathnayake R.M.N.M, ” “The Impact of Social Media Marketing towards the Purchase Intention among Generation Y and Z with Reference to Franchise Fast Food Industry in Colombo District” “ Global Journal of Management and Business Research: E Marketing, vol.21, Issue 01, 2021, pp.1-20, 2021,
- Rathnayake, N.M.; Kumarasinghe, P.J.; Kumara, A.S. ” “How Do Different Types of University Academics Perceive Work from Home Amidst COVID-19 and Beyond?” “ Sustainability, vol.14, Issue 9, 2022, pp.1-19, Web of Science, Scopus(Q1), Scimago H- Index 109, 19.04.2022, https://doi.org/10.3390/su14094868,
- Ranitha Weerarathna, Nilmini Rathnayake, Heyli Perera , Dewmini Wickramasena, Vinuri Arambawatta, Rumali Kaluarachchi ” “Evolving Expectations of HR Professionals Amid the Covid-19 Pandemic in Sri Lanka” “ Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, vol.58, Issue 1, 2022, pp.68-82, JSTOR, ABDC – C Rank Journal,
- RMNM Rathnayake, PJ Kumarasinghe, AS Kumara ” “The COVID-19 Pandemic and the Performance of Academic Personnel: An Open Access Systematic Literature Review Database (Version 1)” “ South Florida Journal of Development, vol.3, Issue 1, 2022, pp.1367-1375, 2022, https://doi.org/10.46932/sfjdv3n1-106,
- R.M.N.M. Rathnayake, W.N. Sellahewa ” “Solid Waste Management Challenges in Urban Councils of Developing Countries Case Study with special reference to Boralesgamuwa Urban Council, Sri Lanka” “ Journal of Management and Tourism Research, vol.5, Issue 1, 2022, pp.17-34, 2022,
- Weerarathna, R.S., Rathnayake, R.M.N.M., Perera, L.R.H.G., Kaluarachchi, K.R.M., Wickramasena, D.N., Arambawatta, L.V. and Weligodapola, H.W.M.C ” “The changing face of HR professionals’ expectations amidst COVID-19: a comparison in between Sri Lanka and foreign context” “ Quality & quantity, 2022, pp.1-20, Scopus(Q1), ABDC – B Rank Journal, Scimago H- Index 62, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11135-022-01533-3,
- Samarasinghe, H.M.U.S.R., Kumarapperuma, C.U., Rathanayke, R.M.N.M. and Karunarathne, K.N.P ” “Enhancing IT Graduates Employability Skills for Surviving in New Normal: Perspective of IT Professionals” “ Kelaniya Journal of Human Resource Management, vol.17, Issue 2, 2022, pp.83-102, http://doi.org/10.4038/kjhrm.v17i2.112,
- Rajapaksha, S.N., Wijesinghe, W.P.M., De Silva, K.H.A.L., Wijethunga, W.M.K., Weligodapola, M. and Rathnayake, R.M.N.M ” “The Impact of Organizational Culture on the Use of Business Analytics in Sri Lankan Companies” “ Sri Lanka Journal of Management Studies, vol.4, Issue 1, 2023, pp.49-69, http://doi.org/10.4038/sljms.v4i1.87,
- Weerarathna R, Rathnayake N, Yasara I, Jayasekara P, Ruwanpura D, Nambugoda S ” “Towards work-life balance or away? The impact of work from home factors on work-life balance among software engineers during Covid-19 pandemic” “ PLOS ONE, vol.17, Issue 12, 2022, (SCOPUS Q1, H Index 367), https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0277931,
- R.M.N.M.Rathnayake, W.N. Sellahewa ” A Conceptual Framework for Tackling the Workplace Bullying and Harassments after COVID 19 Pandemic Presentation, at 5th Interdisciplinary Conference of Management Researchers (ICMR) 2020 organized by the Faculty of Management Studies, Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka in collaboration with academic partner, Emerald Publishing, 2020
- R.M.N.M.Rathnayake ” The Covid-19 Pandemic and the Performance of Academic Personnel: An Open Access Systematic Literature Review Database Presentation, at 2nd Annual Conference on Business Economics (ACBE) 2021 Research Center for Business Economics and Development Studies, Departmentof Business Economics, Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, 2021
- Arambawatta L.V., Perera L.R.H.G., Wickramasena D.N., Kaluarachchi K.R.M.,Rathnayake R.M. N.M., Weerarathna R.S. Challenges Encountered by HR Professionals during COVID-19; Perspectives from Sri Lanka in 4th National Research Symposium on Management., year 2021, Faculty of Management Studies, Rajarata University of Sri Lanka., 10th June 2021,
- Samarasinghe H.M.U.S.R. , Kumarapperuma C.U, Rathnayake R.M.N.M and Karunarathne K.N.P Graduate Employability Skills: Before and After COVID-19 through the Eyes of IT Experts in 5th Global Conference on IHRM, year 2022, St. Johns University, New York, USA and organized by The Pennsylvania State University, pp.1-23, St. Johns University, New York, USA and organized by The Pennsylvania State University,
- Weerarathna R.S, Rathnayake R.M.N.M, Subendra G., Sivagnanasothy E., Naguleswaran L. and Rathnayaka R.( Identifying the Factors that Influence the Selection of Bio Science Stream in the G.C.E Advanced Level in Western Province, Sri Lanka in 7th International Conference on Contemporary Management (7th ICCM 2022) , year 2022, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka, 14th July 2022,
- I.V.A.D.H. Thathsarani, B.G.D.K. Ariyananda, J.A.C. Kaushalya, M. Kerthiga, A.A.S.N. Munasinghe and R.M.N.M. Rathnayake Effectiveness of Assessment Techniques Used In Distance Learning On Undergraduates’ Academic Performance: A Conceptual Model in 7th International Conference on Contemporary Management (7th ICCM 2022), year 2022, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka, 14th of July 2022,
- Premarathna P.D.K.D, Perera W.P.K.D, Karunarathna G.C, Perera D.T, Rathnayake R.M.N.M and Munasinghe A.A.S.N The Study on The Impact of Green Smartphone Purchase Intention Among Academics in The Sri Lankan Higher Education Sector in 7th International Conference on Contemporary Management (7th ICCM 2022) , year 2022, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka, 14th July 2022,
- Yasara U.P.I, Ruwanpura D.N, Nambugoda M.W.A.M.S.P.B, Jayasekara L.P.M, Weerarathna R.S. and Rathnayake N.M A Dividend or Detriment? Effect of WFH on Work-life Balance of Software Engineers. A Structural Equation Modeling based Empirical Investigation Carried Out during Covid-19 in 5th International Conference on Business Research (ICBR 2022), year 2023, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, 01st of December 2022,
- Subendran G, Sivagnanasothy E, Naguleswaran L, Rathnayaka R, Weerarathna R.S. and Rathnayake N.M Factors that Impact the Selection of Bio Science Stream in the G.C.E Advanced Level in Western Province, Sri Lanka in 5th International Conference on Business Research (ICBR 2022), year 2022, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, 01st of December 2022,
- Thathsara J.L.D, Basnayake B.M.N.D, Ekanayake K.M.H, Tharu K.G.E.S, Munasinghe A.A.S.N and Rathnayake R.M.N.M Impact of The Characteristics of Social Media Influencer Markers On Consumer Engagement: A Study On Cosmetic Consumers In Sri Lanka in 9th International Conference on Multidisciplinary Approaches 2022 (ICMA 2022), year 2022, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka, 16th December 2022,
- Nilmini Rathnayake ” SLIITs culture of research gains significant headway with publication in high ranking Sustainability Journal on Sunday Times Date. 22.05.2022, 2022
- Nilmini Rathnayake ” SLIITs culture of research gains significant headway with publication in high ranking Sustainability Journal on ADA Derana Business Date. 31.05.2022, 2022
- Nilmini Rathnayake ” SLIITs culture of research gains significant headway with publication in high ranking Sustainability Journal on Sunday Times, Education Times Date. 29.05.2022, 2022